Monday, June 25, 2012

SOTW Presents: The Smithery

The Smithery will be going through Aerosmith's entire chronology, with posts every weekday, all Summer long.

As I've mentioned before, and occasionally taken a few jokes for it, Aerosmith is my favourite band. If you get me talking about them, it's hard to stop. But the truth is, they don't really fit into the narrative of this blog, which is mainly about the discovery of something new (or rediscovery.) For a long time I felt it simply wasn't worth it to try to force my love for this 40-year-old band on the readers of SOTW, who are hopefully interested in finding something new to hear.

With their 16th studio album due out later this Summer, they are finally "current" again, so I could be forgiven for talking about them here a bit. But "a bit" wasn't going to cut it. I finally wanted to dig in. I wanted to take everything I've learned about talking about music, and apply it to these songs I've been listening to, in some cases, for two decades of my life. I wanted to share that love, and examine it warts and all.

Everybody should love something, as much, and for as long, as I have this band.

So if you're interested, a fan, or if you just want to see what it looks like when somebody completely geeks out about something, check out The Smithery every Monday through Friday this summer.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

No comments:

Post a Comment