Friday, May 20, 2011

Ironic Rap Friday: Macho Man / Blondie

Welcome to our first -- and probably last -- Ironic Rap Friday. I've acknowledged before that while I'm perfectly cool with hip hop music, I haven't really got an ear for it, so until I hear something that really, really demands comment, you probably won't be seeing much hip hop on this site.

That said, I have a soft spot in my heart for old school rap, as well as rap that many would consider "not very good." Recent event have inspired this post, which marks the passing of one of the foremost entertainers of my youth, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and also... the world?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!





I realize these are trying times, but hopefully, Ironic Rap Friday(TM) has reminded us that there is love in the world still. Randy had recent come back to my life via the truly excellent Where Is Randy Savage Tumblr.

Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment