Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cover: Little Eye, "Hold It Against Me"



Strangely enough, I'm not a huge fan of the recent Britney Spears release.

I know, weird, right? It doesn't do anything for me, whereas I actually go get some enjoyment out of the more ridiculous Ke$ha and Gaga tracks, and even Katy Perry managed to movie me with the brain-busting "kuh-kuh-kiss-mee" hook on "ET" (minus Kanye's rap, which totally bites from Blondie's "Rapture," without any of the brilliance.) So while I wouldn't call myself a huge dance music fan, I feel like I can recognize a tune's merits.

So here we have a bland, buzzy dance track pushed into acoustic pop territory, and well-revitalized for it. It has a note of being pleading, yearning, shy, and goofy. The middle eight's still a little out of place, but at least the awkward-ass lyrics about needing a vacation flourish more in this stripped-down approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment