Monday, September 17, 2012

And We're Back. (Tomorrow)

Firstly, I'll apologize to those of you who really do read my blog out of an interest in music, and a desire to find new things to listen to (or get reassured about stuff you already like.) I didn't necessarily intend to take the whole summer off, but when it became clear that was what was happening, I rolled with it.

It wasn't personal. It wasn't a dramatic summer for me. It wasn't that I didn't have time, per se. I kept up my side-project until I couldn't, and while that wasn't meant to take SOTW's place, it did end up more or less being my focus. I needed the comfort. My attitude, my personal thoughts on music, were starting to get dodgy. I couldn't quite put them down right. And while in the past I was usually able to push through, or move on, I was just stuck. I needed to write about something that was just flat-out ingrained in me. Something I knew, rather than was figuring out, while I sorted out my material for this site. I'm happier that I took the summer off, rather than posted stuff just because the site needed content. I mean hey, it's a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be fun.

The good news is, I didn't stop. One day I spent about a hundred bucks on music. Then I gradually collected more. And that was after accumulating the albums I was already listening to and meant to write about when I stalled. I didn't stall because they weren't good, I just... stalled.

I hate "I'm back" posts. They seem almost destined to be followed by a period of inactivity. I have a lot of potential material lined up and a new scheme for the site that will encourage a 4-day update schedule, Mon-Thurs. Stay tuned to see if it works.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

No comments:

Post a Comment